Sales/Business Development Internship
Travertine Spa is a line of high-end natural botanical body care products and casual clothing. The Travertine Spa Sales and Marketing Program reaches into all aspects of the cosmetics, spa and apparel industries. Qualified candidates will be challenged to create collaborative relationships with retailers, entrepreneurs and product marketers. This position assists with implementing various promotions, advertising, social media and marketing programs. By the end of a typical three-month internship, interns in this area can take a sales and marketing program from concept to implementation. The intern will be solely responsible for at least one larger project and will assist with several others.
- Create synergistic relationships with like-minded entities
- Develop and maintain list of contacts
- Work with buyers to obtain shelf placement
- Develop and/or update various sales materials
- Assist with planning/executing events, including Trade Shows and Celebrity Events
- Call potential buyers. Create sales leads
- Develop sales materials for Travertine Spa
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, juggle several projects at once
- Knowledge of current events, pop culture, fashion, spa
- Identify potential clients.
- Create inexpensive sales/marketing programs
- Ability to establish effective relationships with outside organizations and contacts
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Demonstrates a desire to set/meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks
- Completes work with accuracy and within company time frames
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed
- Protects and honors company and client confidentiality
This position requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week (2-3 days/week). Hours may be increased during Summer.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING:
The best candidates for this position have been those working toward a degree in Marketing/Entrepreneurship which gives them the broadest base of knowledge and experience with general business principles. Coursework alone is not a guarantee of success for this job, and all majors are encouraged to apply, as this position utilizes many of the skills and concepts incorporated in a general education.Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) required. HTML and/or graphic design and Keynote experience is a plus.
An EEO Employer