Travertine Spa is a line of high-end natural botanical body care products and casual clothing. The Travertine Spa Marketing and Communications Program reach into all aspects of the cosmetics, spa and apparel industry. Qualified candidates will be challenged to write press releases about new products or events; develop relationships with media professionals, agencies and industry leaders. This position assists with implementing various promotions, advertising, social media and marketing programs. By the end of a typical three-month internship, interns in this area can take a marketing program from concept to implementation. The intern will be solely responsible for at least one larger project and will assist with several others.
- Write and disseminate press releases
- Develop and maintain list of media contacts
- Work with Media to obtain editorial placements
- Develop and/or update various marketing material (press kits)
- Assist with planning/executing events, including Trade Shows and Celebrity Events
- Write and edit email newsletters
- Develop advertisements for Travertine Spa and investigate media buys.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, juggle several projects at once.
- Knowledge of current events, pop culture, fashion, spa
- Identify potential clients.
- Create inexpensive marketing programs
- Ability to establish effective relationships with outside organizations and contacts.
- Previous internship experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a desire to set/meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
- Completes work with accuracy and within company time frames.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.
- Protects and honors company and client confidentiality.
This position requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week (2-3 days/week during School year). Minimum 20 hours during Summer
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING:
The best candidates for this position have been those working toward a degree in Marketing/Entrepreneurship which gives them the broadest base of knowledge and experience with general business principles. Coursework alone is not a guarantee of success for this job, and all majors are encouraged to apply, as this position utilizes many of the skills and concepts incorporated in a general education.Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) required. HTML and/or graphic design and Keynote experience is a plus.
An EEO Employer
If you meet the minimum qualifications please send a resume, and cover letter to Concierge@TravertineSpa.com